When deciding which college to wait for the next four years, its so valuable to look at the school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student on each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when i discovered a campus that i really could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and nevertheless be myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until May 1, we already have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, here is an outline associated with next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our website to get more information regarding how to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you do have a better chance to getting the type of housing you want the earlier you apply. Even if you’re not 100% sure you’re visiting USC next year, you’ll submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you may also create courses with a scholastic advisor. You shall be able to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 business times when you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB advanced level exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have concerns that aren’t covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help reply to your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but just what does that mean?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We genuinely believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a positive learning environment by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted into the class room.
Certain courses by themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to interact with students from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called Overseas Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this program, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM, a top Mexican university, aswell as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software.
USC also ranks sixth in the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you don’t want to keep away from USC for a long time, we additionally offer many summer programs. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to satisfy leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer living with a number family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils aided by the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate a concern that is global in scope. They then travel to your area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on finding. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and download royal vegas casino Cairo, in order to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Most recently, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re truly a global place!